We're Engaged!

Tada! I'm still feeling shy about revealing my outrageous UP-do~but... here it is!Nov 15th, 2009 went by in a swift! Many friends asked if I slept well the night before the engagement, and yes, I replied. Cliff and I worked on our "growing up" & "daily life" slideshow and I must have been too exhausted to stay awake. After snoozing my alarm twice, it's time to hop on the cab @ 7.30am for the make-up appointment. The video grapher showed up @ 8, photographer came at 8.30am, Jasmine arrived @ 9~ and morning was filled with my enchanted ring tone. We finally arrived @ Sherwood by 10am, headed up to the suite 1014~ but no one was there.. Jas & I headed down to the engagement ballroom, ran into the Emcee - my cousin Olivia, and I was told.... the bride-to-be has to hide out! Cliff & family arrived at a well coordinated 10:10am, welcomed by my brother- which is part of the chinese tradition. I'll spend some time later on, describing Traditions 103, once I received photos from all over!

Anyway, the 10.30am traditional engagement ceremony delayed for about 15mins and ended quicky~ I headed back to the suite for a short break, time passed and it was soon 12.30pm, the doorbell rang and, appeared the bridal secretary & Cliff. We weren't feeling anxious as we waited by the door, for our 8 min growing up slideshow & the right musical moment to enter the ballroom. As we followed 3 pairs of hotel personnel down the aisle, all I could remember was bubbles in the air & being in the spotlight. All happened in a blink of the eye. We are engaged, part of my family's reluctance to the fact of "marrying off" their precious daughter & sister is probably dissolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment