Western Design Studio~

Being recommended to visit a wedding studio with an "experienced" friend, someone who's married and knows the hooks on photography packages..etc. Emily was going to meet me at Chung-Shan North Rd (where the string of wedding studios are located in Taipei). Appointments were made but long story short, I didn't get to go with Emily.

While poodle spent time at the SPA, getting her full body scrub & hair cut, Cliff and I found time to check out one place~ Western Design: famous for british hand-made wedding gowns (英國手工婚紗) . OK, I didn't pin much hopes, as I'm still debating between the value placed between photography techniques V.S Choice of dresses. CH's photography style was common, so to speak, dresses are well liked by most taiwanese ladies (baroque, princess-like). Bridesmaid dresses from CH are only cream-colored, the common trend in Taiwan.... my 1st reaction was "gee what?!" since I promised my bridesmaids that some color- either pink/lilac/tiffany blue would be ideal.

Western studio on the other hand, has beautiful gowns, as for dresses.. I've been worried with the lack of choice. Photography: unique, with a focus on people, and the scenery as a backdrop. Sales: Emma offered to allow 2 dresses for try-ons right when we walked in, but I was in aw,"ok, so let's view the albums 1st, i said." After glancing photos on the computer screen, we went upstairs to view dresses and curtains closed as Emma helped me put on the "poof" gown, and then the 2nd gown "lace" with intricate gems~ and then to the 3rd "simple" gown, I requested. Gee, the dresses got tighter one after another, I'm wondering how I'm going to enjoy my wedding meal >_<" Also, bridesmaid dresses do have colors, but I haven't seen them. So, almost 3 hours was spent, and after coming down to details, it was a time for negotiation. Since Cliff liked most of the photographers' style, with one in particular that I really liked, we made our final decision! This particular photographer has been booked all the way till Nov'09.
*Our date has been set on 12/4/09~ weather will be perfect, cool, with autumn in the air~

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting! Peiya, when is your wedding date? (Sorry if I missed it in your posts - 12/4 is the date for studio pictures, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Junghwa ~you didn't miss the wedding date yet! it's STILL not determined. thanks for being patient :D

    ReplyDelete