Traditions 102: Meet the Parents

Both sides' our parents, the "matchmaker", Cliff & I met over lunch on 8/22~ So, I learned about the tradition that Cliff's parents have to formally come over and ask my parents to marry me off, with the assistance of the "matchmaker"... sounds strange to me.
We didn't meet via a "matchmaker" and I did kind of say yes, after the proposal...

I figured, if Cliff came over and ask for my dad's permission, that should be fine~ but Nope, we followed traditions 102.

We met and had lunch at 鴻廚 ~a restaurant instead of meeting at my parent's. There was nothing special other than daily conversations and slight discussions of tradition 101: wedding date, locations...etc

3 hours of lunch and off we went shopping for the wedding band. My parents have finally realized that some support should be shown via wedding planning, and to take some stress off my shoulders. We made a visit to potential wedding locations the very next day at 1) Grand Victoria 2) Grace Hill.
My mum in front of G.H

No comments:

Post a Comment